Date: Saturday, April 14, 2018, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
PLU Olson Auditorium
900 124th St S
Tacoma, WA 98447
Scouts will be selling tickets in their neighborhoods up until the day before the show on April 13, 2018. The cost is $5.00 per person.
In the meantime, if you would
like to buy a ticket,
visit our ticket sales page.
The sky's the limit as to what your unit does as your interactive, hands-on activity during Scout-O-Rama – but, remember, make it something that youth, age 6 to 19, and their families would want to do, and probably could not do, except at Scout-O-Rama.
Take a look at our list of activity ideas, and choose one!
- Increase visibility of Scouting in your community
- Recruit new members for your unit
- Raise money for your unit through ticket sales
- Networking and seeing what other units are doing with their Scouting programs
- Earn patches and prizes!
As a primary purpose, this event is intended to be a fun day of Scouting activities for the whole family, and the general public have the opportunity to see Scouts in Action, and get a sense of the excitement and adventure of Scouting.
Back in the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's, a Scout-O-Rama was held every year, attracting thousands of Scouts and members of the general public. We are hoping to recapture that level of energy and interest that drove the Scout-O-Rama movement for over 25 years.
The Pacific Harbors Council conducted an interest survey in August, 2017, to determine the level of interest in a Scout-O-Rama. 400 people responded to the survey (121 Cub Packs, 190 Boy Scout Troops, 12 Crews and 58 others), and the results confirmed that there was sufficient interest in holding this event in April, 2018.
Scout Unit display booths cost $25 each. Units selling 100 or more Scout-O-Rama Tickets will receive a free 10'x10' booth.
Your unit will be provided with a 10'x 10' sized "booth" inside the display area. Units are responsible for providing your own tables and chairs.
If your interactive activity requires electrical power, a $50 fee will apply. If you prefer an outdoor display area, please indicate that on the Scout-O-Rama signup form. Bring your own power cords.
Set-up for unit Scout-O-Rama booths begins at 7 AM on Saturday, April 14. We ask that you be ready for the public to arrive by 10 AM. Teardown can begin at 4:05 PM and must be completed by 6 PM. NO CAMPING.
Scout Units will have an opportunity to earn patches and money for their units by selling tickets to the Scout-O-Rama. Tickets cost $5 per person.
Download a copy of the Ticket Sales Info Sheet here.
More details on ticket sale incentives may be found in the
1. Scouts are under the leadership of their unit and its leadership at all times – communication between the staff leadership and the units will occur between adult leaders.
2. Scouts are expected to live The Scout Law and the Scout Oath during their time at Scout-O-Rama – they represent our program to the public at all times – Leaders, please discuss their responsibilities as Scouts prior to the event.
3. Participants are expected to be in complete Class A Field Uniform throughout the day on Saturday when the public is invited to attend - please ensure your leaders and Scouts are aware of this.
4. Fires or open flames are prohibited at Scout-O-Rama. Charcoal briquettes for Dutch Oven cooking is allowable with prior approval by the Event Chairman.
5. Power tools must be handled by adults only and only those adults with complete knowledge concerning the safe handling of power tools.
The Pacific Harbors Council Shoulder Patch (CSP) is being retired, and a completely new design is being launched at Scout-O-Rama!
"First Edition" versions of this new CSP will be available exclusively at Scout-O-Rama, so don't wait to be one of the few lucky ones, this First Edition patch won't be available at the Scout Shop or in stores.
Sign Up Now to get your admission to SOR and be eligible to buy a new PHC CSP.
Pacific Harbors Council BSA, Tacoma, WA
4802 S 19th St, Tacoma, WA 98405
Scout Units Sign Up Here